Top 3 Roofing Project Management Challenges in 2022
Project management is a core component of every roofing project. As a project manager working in the roofing industry, you already know how tricky it is to manage a project from start to finish. One must prepare for several challenges during the project life cycle to ensure that the project finishes smoothly and on time. This blog explores various roofing project management challenges and how project managers can resolve them using BUILDFitters.
So, what makes a roofing project complex?
What are the major project management challenges in the roofing industry?
For most construction professionals, roofing contractors, or general contractors, project management has been a problem. The budget and time constraints put added pressure on roofing professionals, and they must put out a lot of fires as they go about their daily routine. Roofing project management thus faces many direct and indirect challenges. Different roadblocks further complicate these problems that a roofing project manager may not be prepared for; these problems are as follows:
Budget control and management:
Poor Coordination and Communication:
AEC professionals built the BUILDFitters solution for AEC professionals in the roofing industry. Our dedicated team has leveraged several years of experience in the construction and roofing sectors to understand, study, and solve these very challenges.
BUILDFitters simplifies and automates the roofing process helping project managers deliver efficient projects on time and budget. Let’s look at BOLDConstruct’s preconstruction module as an example. The module streamlines project management by empowering roofing professionals to perform and execute the following tasks:
- Project Planning and Estimation:
- BUILDFitters project planning and estimation capabilities enable roofing project managers to create estimates and revise them according to the project needs. This allows for more accurate costs and streamlines budgeting.
- BUILDFitters allows roofing professionals to plan their tasks and assign them to relevant team members. The automated flow updates the project flow as tasks are completed enabling the project manager to preplan upcoming tasks and activities. If there is any disruption or problem area, the project manager can plan ahead. This allows for a smooth roofing project management flow.
- Integration with Microsoft Teams:
- BUILDFitters provides various integrations with collaborative software and seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Project Online. With a simple click, roofing project managers can efficiently communicate with all involved team members. With Microsoft Teams, the project team members have a secure collaboration medium to share information and documents, collaborate, and co-author files in real-time. Scheduling meetings, setting reminders, and safely storing documents are made accessible with BOLDConstruct.
A roofing project goes through many challenges in its lifecycle; however, with the right technology, roofing project managers can overcome these challenges quickly and easily. BUILDFitters is the perfect solution for roofing project management as it helps managers plan, track, document, monitor, and control the project journey from preconstruction to construction and close-out. BUILDFitters is designed for the AEC industry, and thus it caters to the needs of all verticals. If you would like to know more about how BUILDFitters resonates with your roofing challenges; watch the video below:
Are you ready to get started on your BUILDFitters journey? Click here to book your free demo!